My gaming computer runs Microsoft Windows 10 and has the following hardware:
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 240
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
Motherboard: ASUS Z97M-PLUS
RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro 1600C9R (2x4GB)
GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB
PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 750w ST75F-GS
SSD: Corsair Force LS 120GB
Cooler: Corsair H100i
Fans: Corsair AIR SP120 Twin Pack
Sometimes my computer would turn it self on at some random time. It wasn’t at a particular repeatable time, but just every now and then.
What I Tried
- Disabling the Fast Boot app
- Uninstalling the Fast Boot app
- Experimenting with various BIOS settings
- Disabling boot from network (from BIOS boot priorities)
- Power options -> power-plan -> advanced -> PCIe -> link state power management
- (… and a few more that I can’t remember)
But after all that, it would still turn on every couple of days.
Eventually I found and disabled Windows Fast Start:
- Power options -> system (choose buttons) -> fast startup
This turned out to be the culprit and now my computer and I can both stop working through the night!